Friday, May 17, 2013

KMA2884 The Dreamer's Moon by Denver, Colorado contemporary artist Kit Hevron Mahoney (5x7 original abstract oil painting, abstract landscape, landscape, abstraction)

 
 
SOLD
I was thrilled with the result of this painting. It started as a representational landscape from a photo taken in Montana at sunset but the painting evolved into this abstraction where one can ponder the sun or moon. I am doing a 30x40 of this as well. It is the direction I am wanting to go in my abstracts where there is enough information for the viewer to ponder the subject and let their imagination come into play. This one was successful because my studio partners looked over while I was working on it and saw that I needed to go no further, and yelled "stop". Thank you John and Kelly. Sometimes we need that feedback before going too far with a painting.

5"x7" unframed original oil
$125.00 + $10.00 shipping and handling

See more paintings on my blog
Visit my website
Daily Painters of Colorado

No comments:

More Paintings You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...