Wednesday, March 5, 2014

KMD2942 July's Abundance by Colorado artist Kit Hevron Mahoney (5x7 original oil, wildflower landscape, floral, Crested Butte, CO)


SOLD
I have photographed this scene many times while visiting Crested Butte, Colorado during the wildflower season in July. It is one of the most spectacular areas in Colorado where the hills are literally seas of color. I don't know why I have waited so long to paint this particular shot since I have stopped at this same sight every year to capture it with my camera. Finally, I have interpreted it on canvas!

5x7 original oil unframed
$125 + 10 shipping and handling

See more paintings on my blog
Visit my website
Daily Painters of Colorado

1 comment:

Rachel Barbe said...

Hi Kit! I am a student at Arapahoe Community College in the Interior Design program, and I have selected "July's Abundance" as the centerpiece of my concept project. This is a three phase endeavor which includes analyzing your work for elements and principles of design, a color analysis, and finally, a project board for a room designed around your painting.
My family has a cabin in the Taylor river canyon just east of Crested Butte, and your painting drew me in with its vibrant colors and its connection to my own fond connections to the area. I'm excited to use "July's Abundance" as the launching point for my project!
If you have any further insights or questions about my project, I'd love to hear from you!
Thank you for capturing July's abundance so well!
:-) Rachel

More Paintings You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...