Saturday, June 28, 2014

KM2980 Twilight’s Magic by Colorado Artist Kit Hevron Mahoney (30x40, oil, landscape, Moab, Southern Utah, sunset, dusk)



SOLD
I came upon this scene on the way into Moab,Utah last October just as the sun had dropped behind the mountains. It was a magical moment filled with a rainbow of saturated purples, blues and reds. I had to paint this with a brush rather than palette knife as this piece isn't about texture but about expressing the calm magic of twilight when all the busyness of the day’s events set with the sun. For me it is the best time of day as the world seemingly comes to a halt and peace reigns.

 30”x40” oil unframed
$4500 plus $75 shipping and handling

See more paintings on my blog 
Visit my website 
Daily Painters of Colorado

No comments:

More Paintings You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...