Friday, November 18, 2016

KM3094 Abundance by Colorado artist Kit Hevron Mahoney (18x24 urban, market scene, fruit, original oil)






Giclee Reproductions Available


Contact Kit about other giclée sizes and prices not listed in dropdown menu. 

I painted this colorful market scene from a photo taken on a trip to Europe several years ago. I was motivated to finally paint it when we decided to do a show at Brushstrokes called "Kitchen Sink" which is open to our own interpretation. I challenged myself to paint looser, which seems to be the eternal challenge of every artist I speak with! Abstraction and simplifying is what I am doing with each piece I paint now. I find it to be the next step in my process after so many years of a more literal interpretation.
If you live in Denver, please stop by for Brushstroke's show; opening reception Sat. November 19 5-7pm.

18”x24” unframed original oil $2500
Free Shipping

Visit my Web Site
See more art on my blog
Works on Daily Painters Site

“Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.”
Scott Adams

No comments:

More Paintings You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...