Wednesday, April 24, 2013

KM2879 Evening Descends by Colorado artist Kit Hevron Mahoney (urban landscape, 18x14, oil, Rockport, MA, lobster buoy)


Evening Descends is a painting I have created from a photo taken when I was in New England,(Rockport, MA specifically). This is one of many that have been in my "Favorites" file from all my photo adventures. My favorite file is full of pictures I really want to paint but have procrastinated for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons are "Will it sell?", "how do I tackle this one?" etc. I have reached a point in my career where I am now focusing on painting what really speaks to me to put on canvas and this is one. I loved the light on this one that says the day is over, the work is done and peace falls upon the land as the sun sets.

14"x18" unframed original oil
$1600.00 + $30.00 shipping and handling

 See more paintings on my blog
Visit my website
Daily Painters of Colorado

No comments:

More Paintings You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...