Friday, May 31, 2013

KM2891 Spirit of Vastness by Colorado contemporary artist Kit Hevron Mahoney (30x40 landscape)



This is another painting that took on a life of its own. I had intended to have some moody clouds in this scene from Montana photographed several years ago. When I got the sky in and observed the movement in the sky from the color and brush work, I decided they told more than clouds would in this piece. I may do another with the clouds to see where it goes. I love the serenity in these wide open spaces where one can see only the natural landscape for miles.

30"x40" unframed original oil on panel board
$4200.00 + $100.00 shipping and handling

See more paintings on my blog
Visit my website
Daily Painters of Colorado

No comments:

More Paintings You Might Enjoy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...